Why Don't I Take Any Part at the Current Ongoing Protest in Israel - And What I Might (and might NOT) Do About It

Please Support Me on Patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/VeganPhotographer

אנא תמכו בי ב"פטראון": https://www.patreon.com/VeganPhotographer

Needless to say, I do utterly oppose the current Israeli bunch of wacko loonie fruitcakes - I mean... "government". The people currently in control of the state of Israel (and, of course, the territories it occupies as bad) are a weird mixture of q-anon-like madmen, openly neo-nazis, and the pseudo-"jewish" version, of the Afghan taliban.

To be sure, I have far more in common with many of the protesters, than with any supporter of that sorry "government"! But then again, I do also have more in common with little purple land-octopuses from Proxima b, than with the psychotic ward of the Israeli politics...

Nonetheless, the protest in question is essentially undemocratic: it is being spearheaded by several former military generals, the very same people who spearheaded the murderous and atrocious, semi-genocidial attacks against the Gaza Strip's helpless civilian population, taking shiny pride at how many hundreds of Palestinian children each of them had killed. Along with them, is their candidate to rebecome prime minister, ya`ir lapid, who behaves and talks just as if there are no Arab citizens in Israel... more than one fifth of the Israeli population has absolutely zero representation at his undemocratic, authoritative party - and neither have they any representation at the current... "democratic protest".

They simply behave as if the Palestinians = both the ones living in the occupied territories and the ones who are Israeli (fourth grade) citizens - do not exist. Their kind of "democracy" is no different than 1930's Alabama's, or 1970's South Africa. They make an entire show of "utter shock" - and yell "an-ti-se-mites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one-one-one" whenever anyone points out to zionism being yet another racist movement of the past, and to the state of Israel being a downright appartheid state, however their actions make these harsh two Truths absolutely clear.

They simply make it clear to the entire Arab-speaking population of Israel - which is at least 21% of its population, possibly more - that it is not its business and it isn't welcome, unless they shall declare that they completely abandon all their hopes and demands for social equality. Pilots of aircraft that bombed children in Gaza are warmly welcome; no Palestinian citizen is even allowed to speak.

Seeing all this, of course I shall not take any part whatsoever in that sad, racist "protest". There are voices demanding democratic changes to that protest, but, at least up to yesterday (Sunday the 19th), they bave been grossly silenced and ignored.

Now - from a personal standpoint, I really don't know, whether to grt into it = meaning: actually entering those protests (which become more and more like battlefields - as Israel is already in its downfall towards a civil-war, which is bound to be a self-inflicting genocide, dwarfing even 1980's horrors in Lebanon!) with slogans demanding a complete democratization and Equality for ALL - or should I go back to my policy from the past three or four months: total escapism, just staying Home and watch "Wondrium" and "Netflix" stuff, while never venturing to even check the (mortifying!) news?

I haven't decided yet. Both paths have been ruining my mental and physical Health, this I can tell you right away.

One thing I do know, is that, at least as thing currently stand, right now on Monday Morning, the 20th of March 2023, I do not intend to leave Israel - since where would I go? My only citizenship is Israeli, and all my three attempts (1998, 2014 and 2018) to emmigrate to Europe have ended in the worst shambles. I am not rich - and, besides, really, where would I go? The european union (and its satelites) have been falling to the hands of neo-nazis, one state after the other, is utterly xenophobic and antisemitic - it is enough to see the way they treat Refugees from Syria, most of whom are Kurdish, just like me! Or from Afghamistan, or various African states... or, even their own minorities, such as the Roma!!

In order to live in constant fear and disgust from neo-nazi governments, I may just as well stay here at Home...

And where else is there? The united n.r.a. states, where people are screaming hysterically from the word(!) "Fuck", but joyfully handing out loaded revolvers to their toddlers, for them to go and slaughter all their friends?! And they are on abrink of a similar upcoming civil-war, just as bad... canada? Thought to go there back on 2021, and then heard some blood-freezing horrifying stuff about them (zuch as the atrocities carried out against their native population, not only during the remote past, but also well into our century, but also other stuff). The Russia Federation and Belarus? I absolutely LOVE them, But their own citizens seem to be eager to run away from them; which says something. Turkey, Georgia, Uzbekistan etc.? After watching Dari's excellent reviews of them, I can't really see myself living there..  visiting sure, but living there for years??? And the same goes for places such as the UAE, South Korea or Japan, which are also very expensive, anyway... and I am not one to move to some poor country's jungle, as the western potz, who abuses the miserable local population and their poverty and weakness to carry out some "self-shmenlightenment journey" BLAT; those despicable, first-world, constantly-smiling rich blonde californian hippies make me downright sick.

And, besides: I LOVE my current Home, to which I have arrived after a long strive... I love my stuff there, I have already lost SO MUCH during each and every single one of my previous, failed migration attemprs... ENOUGH!! No more.

So: I am staying in Israel... at least, the way it seems to be right now. And, as for that protest... well, I just don't know. 😨

=========================================================

Edit, several hours later: in order to maintain my humanity & sanity, I am going 100% BACK to escapism... as THERE IS NO OTHER WAY. :-(

Please Support Me on Patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/VeganPhotographer

אנא תמכו בי ב"פטראון": https://www.patreon.com/VeganPhotographer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story of a Photo. Part Six: The Hill of Rùth's Confession. 12th of January, 2015

I Am Citrian